Thursday, February 28, 2013

Self Portrait Poem


I am well-known.

Everyone wishes to have me especially car lovers.

Mercedes is my fabulous name!


Sometimes I am as moody as a storm,

But at the next second I am as cheerful as a sun

I am reserved and quiet whenever I have no idea about the lessons,

And my mind starts soaring in the cloud.



(You have to sing it in the tune of “99 seconds of Harry Potter”)

There once was a boy named Harry

Destined to be my “bro”

He’s now serving in Australia

And will be back really soon




Love of not waking up at 6:45 every morning

And sleep until the smell of breakfast sneaks into my room

And forget all about school and my troubles

Love of the melting Lindt chocolate in my mouth in every second of my life

And enjoy the sweetness and delight in my heart

Love of doing crafts in my own art room from day to night and night to day

Until my hands are covered with glue, my legs are numb, and my but hurts




 

Who feels energetic when I hear my parents’ voice in my tiring homework time,

Feels tired and reluctant when I hear my alarm rings and wish to ignore it,

And feels elated when I smell the nature and wish to live there.





Who needs 48 hours of sleep every day after a long tiring school week,

Needs a dark chocolate to sustain my brain when my battery is not enough for me to complete me work,

And needs a pool in my bedroom so as to jump into it whenever I want to.

 


Who gives jokes when others think that life is boring and stressful

Who gives shoulders when friends are down and need to lean on someone.

Who gives troubles to everyone I meet.


Who fears Cockroaches walking tiptoe on my bed and kiss my cheek! (yick!),

the frantic atmosphere of exam, which feels like we are in a pressure cooker,

and a battlefield with noise of guns and tanks at my house.



Who would like to be Charlie in order to get a golden ticket and to visit the chocolate factories all over the world,

To see my room being cleaned as spin and span by the magic broom sticks from the mickey apprentice sorcerer,

And to see the sun rises slowly from the utter darkness at the top of the Provo canyon.


Who once lived in a beehive where everyone was “bee-sy” seeking honey, but now lives in a spread out plain surrounded by giant mountains covered with snow.

 


None has ever pronounced it right,

It is a unique and peculiar last name that pronounces as “ing”!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This was so interesting! I didnt know any of this about you! Chocolate is the ultimate stress reliever :) I started learning Mandarin a while ago (still far from slightly good!) and even I couldnt pronounce your name right at first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great images.. when breakfast "sneaks" into my room - Love it. Your poem is touching and reflective. Great job in showing us a little more about who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Job. Nice Idea with the pictures separating the topics.

    And the pictures were well chosen. The Clouds next to the sunny day was an excellent photo.

    ReplyDelete